Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Isearch background

My love for hunting and the outdoors began at birth. My father was never around growing up but thank god I had my grandfather and uncles to teach me the ways of the woods. I have hunted whitetail deer and grouse my entire life in the Maine forests and it has become more of a passion than a hobby. Recently I feel as though I need a new outdoors challenge. Watching shows on TV and talking with friends about duck hunting as shed some light on a new sport I would like to pursue. Not only have I been thinking about hunting waterfowl forever but it just so happens that I now own a beautiful chocolate lab. Cash has become a perfect specimen of a water dog. He is almost two years old now and solid muscle. He still hasn’t lost that eternal puppy exuberance that comes with most labs but his intelligence is incredible. He seems to grab any training I throw at him and run with it. He is a fish in the water and retrieves like a machine. I feel that with some persistent training this spring and summer, Cash and I will be enjoying a bountiful duck season this upcoming fall.

1 comment:

  1. More detail on Cash, more background on you and dogs and training dogs.

    ReplyDelete