Monday, January 26, 2009

graph # 2 Worst Teacher (second attempt)

My worst teacher came into my life at the beginning of my sophomore year in high school. She had transferred from a nearby high school along with a reputation. I had friends who attended the high school where she came from and apparently she wasn't one of the most well liked there either. She had come to teach chemistry, or attempt to. She was a math teacher originally and (this would be an assumption) never taught a science class in her life. The woman and I just never clicked from the start. I had always looked forward to my science class prior to this and almost felt cheated. She basically was a talking head at the front of class reading off of an overhead projector. No questions I had about the curriculum for the day were ever answered. I basically felt that she was teaching herself at the same time as us. Now don't get me wrong. If she was just new at this and struggling I would have definitely cut her a break. The reality she had taught high school for many years and was just mean. Her attitude and demeanor came across as someone who needed more hugs as a child. But I got through the year an went on with my life anyway. I don't know what ever happened to her. Whether she stayed at my school or went on to terrorize children somewhere else. The moral of the story is that there always be that person you have to put up with. Look toward the future and move onwards.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always looking for a story in these to 'prove' your point, a bit of dialogue, a moment of conflict. This sets up that story but does not quite deliver.

    ReplyDelete