Friday, January 30, 2009

graph #3 Inventory

Here is the inventory of my favorite ice fishing basket from top to bottom:
· an old pack basket made of woven wood
· a liner for the inside made of a sleeping bag cover
· five ice fishing traps (three are heritage lakers and two are some cheapo Marden’s special)
· all traps are set up with new, black line on there reels
· three of the traps are equipped with large # 2 hooks
· two of them with #4’s
· two identical skimmers
· a wind up radio
· a flat football
· a zip-lock baggie with two rolls of fishing line
· a Scooby-doo tackle box containing the following:
· 15 sinkers of multiple sizes
· 6 packages of hooks and leaders (assorted sizes)
· Three large bass hooks
· A razor blade knife
· A rusty lure
· One swivel

So this guy likes to fish apparently. He must if he’s willing to freeze to death in Maine’s frigid winter to catch some crappy fish. That basket has been around for awhile. At least he was taught by his family to take care of stuff. It even has his name written on the rim. Probably something he retained from being in the Army for all those years. It seems odd that the liner is actually a sleeping bag cover. I bet he just got lucky that it fit perfect. I see some new line on the reels. That’s a good way to not lose that huge fish. I see a variety of hooks on there two. This tells me he can’t decide on just one species. He has to go out there and get the full experience. I see two skimmers that look the same. I guess he must have learned they are easy to lose in the snow. I see all the normal tackle for ice fishing. Of course every tackle box has to have that one rusty, useless lure. The thing that isn’t normal is that ridiculous Scooby-doo box. I thought this guy was almost 28 years old. Maybe he just likes to joke around and get a rise out of people. One swivel left, living on the edge buddy.

1 comment:

  1. "Of course every tackle box has to have that one rusty, useless lure."

    I have many more than one, but I know what you mean.
    :)

    I'm also always running light on swivels and I hate tying lures directly to line....

    ReplyDelete