Thursday, February 12, 2009

graf #6

What do you want to write about? Training my lab to duck hunt
What do you want to find out about your topic? What sort of activities and training tools do I need to employ in order to turn my lab into a productive duck retriever?
What are your questions about the topic?
1. What are some exercises I should be conducting with my lab?
2. What will I need for training aids and there cost?
3. How will I know if he’s ready?
How does it connect to your life?
I own a beautiful two year old chocolate lab. He is the best family dog one could ask for as well as a great retriever for upland fowl. I believe he could be an awesome duck hound with a little training especially since I am interested in the sport anyway.


Give three reasons you like the topic
1. I love to hunt.
2. I love my dog and spending time with him.
3. It is what he was bred for.
Give three ways your life might change if you answer your questions
1. I may become addicted to duck hunting.
2. My dog will be happier and get out even more.
3. I will get to make more amazing memories in the outdoors with my lab.

Do you already know the answer to your question? Negative



I just got done rummaging through the example Isearch papers. I thought many of them were done quite well and with a great deal of detail. I’m actually excited about my topic and look forward to the research. I probably could have found a more intricate and meaningful topic to hunt down but I think I picked the right one. I have wanted my own lab my entire life and even more wanted to train one to hunt. This research paper gives me the perfect opportunity to get started and fulfill a goal I have had since the day I picked out my pup.

1 comment:

  1. Fine topic. Those original questions generate subquestions and the more subquestions you have, the easier it is to find and organize answers.

    Start writing about you and dogs, you and training, you and this dog, you and hunting, you and ducks--it will all wind up in the isearch.

    ReplyDelete